Beyond the Call to Duty
Go on the Beyond the Call of Duty Pearl Harbor Luxury Tour and experience every memorial and museum Pearl Harbor has to offer. With round-trip transportation, professional tour guides and all admission fees covered, the details will be covered before the tour starts.
A luxury mini coach will arrive at your hotel, with breakfast and chilled bottled water ready for you. Your tour guide will prepare you for your day at the United States Pacific Fleet Headquarters. Bypass the long ticket lines and enter the World War II Valor in the Pacific Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, with galleries full of historic photos and interactive exhibits. A documentary with actual footage taken on December 7, 1941 will be shown.
Lunch Included with Choice of:
- – Lunch Buffet (*protein changes weekly 2 options provided) Kalua Pork, BBQ Chicken or Mahimahi, House Tossed Salad, Steamed White Rice and Assorted Cookies
- – Drinks: Fountain Drink
A Navy vessel will transport you to the pristine USS Arizona Memorial, constructed directly above the mid-section of the sunken ship. The “Black Tears of the Arizona” can be seen on the surface of the water as the fuel slowly leaks up from the USS Arizona Battleship. Please take a moment to remember the 1177 service men still in the watery war grave, as well as those that survived the Pearl Harbor bombing and later elected to be buried with their crewmates.
The USS Bowfin wreaked havoc on the Japanese naval fleet after being launched exactly 1 year after the attack on Pearl Harbor. As you walk through the cramped quarters of the submarine aptly nicknamed the “Pearl Harbor Avenger,” you can almost see the sweat of the men condensing off the torpedo room during battle in WWII.
The USS Oklahoma Memorial is comprised of 429 engraved black granite and white marble columns, each 7 feet tall. Each marker represents a life loss when the USS Oklahoma capsized in Battleship Row.
As your tour guide leads you through each deck of the USS Missouri, marvel at the massive gun turrets on the last battleship ever built by the United States. Imagine the signing of the Instrument of Surrender with General Douglas MacArthur as you stand on the Surrender Deck of the “Mighty Mo.”
Before leaving Ford Island, you’ll visit one of the best aviation attractions in the nation, the Pacific Aviation Museum. Nearly 300 airplanes were destroyed or damaged and the bullet holes from the Pearl Harbor attack are clearly visible in the blue glass windows of the hangars. The Pacific Aviation Museum houses aircraft from World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War, as well as modern day aircraft currently in use.
After a full day, rehydrate, recline, and relax in air conditioning as you are chauffeured to the Punchbowl National Cemetery, built in the crater of an extinct volcano. Lady Columbia appears to watch over all who serviced the United States, including those killed at Pearl Harbor.
Your guide will continue to entertain you with information about Hawaii’s culture and draw your attention to landmarks such as the Hawaii State Capitol Building. Both ‘Iolani Palace, the home of Hawaii’s Kings and Queens until the overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy and Kawaiaha’o Church, built from giant slabs of coral hauled to shore via canoe, can be easily seen from the giant windows of the motor coach.
In honor of King Kamehameha the Great, a towering 18 foot tall bronze statue was ordered from Italy. The tour will stop at the King Kamehameha Statue for a photo opportunity.
When booking the Beyond the Call of Duty Pearl Harbor Luxury Tour, no stone is left unturned – even lunch and dessert are included. Just show up and immerse yourself in the history of Pearl Harbor.
The Beyond the Call of Duty Pearl Harbor Luxury Tour Includes:
- – Live historical narration by an expert guide on your drive to Pearl Harbor
- – Watch a film with dramatic footage of the actual attack
- – Board Navy shuttle boat to the Arizona Memorial
- – Tour inside the USS Bowfin Submarine
- – See the U.S. Pacific Fleet Headquarters building
- – Visit the Arizona Memorial WWII museum
- – See the “Black Tears of the Arizona”
- – Experience the “Mighty Mo” – USS Missouri Battleship with Deck Tour
- – Stand on the Surrender Deck of the Battleship Missouri where WWII ended
- – Honor the sailors at the USS Oklahoma Memorial
- – Visit the Pacific Aviation Museum with an expert historical guide
- – Visit Hangers on Luke Airfield that were attacked by the Japanese
- – Learn about Hawaii’s history and culture
- – Drive inside Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific
- – See Iolani Palace and Hawaii State Capitol Building
- – Stop at the King Kamehameha Statue