This tour offers you the complete Pearl Harbor experience. A full day of history that leaves you informed, impressed, and with a healthy respect for the men and women who served and are still serving in the US military. Let us worry about transportation, tickets, and guides while you just jump into this trip to the past. All of the memorial sites and museums at Pearl Harbor—plus some special Honolulu sights—are included in this complete Pearl Harbor Memorial Tour. Round-trip transportation, live expert narration by your guide, and admission to all exhibits are included.
For a small additional charge, you can add a delicious lunch including a drink and dessert at Laniakea Museum at the Pacific Aviation Museum!
Optional Lunch Upgrade:
- For just $19.99, you can add an ono (tasty) lunch at the Pacific Aviation Museum’s Laniakea Café!
- Choose from a classic deli or tuna salad sandwich with chips. For something lighter, you also have the option of a Caesar or Asian chicken salad. The Caesar salad is also vegetarian and, if you request no croutons, gluten-free!
- All options include a medium drink.
- Finish off with Chef’s choice of dessert.
After your driver picks you up from your hotel (or ship), it’s just a quick drive to Pearl Harbor. Start your day at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. Walk through the exhibits and watch a 23-minute introductory video including actual footage of the attacks of December 7th, 1941. You guide helps you brush up on your history lessons and makes sure you’re well-prepared for this journey back in time.
After watching the documentary in the Pearl Harbor Memorial Theater, you board a small Navy vessel to take you over the lagoon to the world-famous USS Arizona Memorial. Anchored right above the sunken battleship, it is made up of three rooms that honor the men who lost their lives aboard the USS Arizona. Take a moment to pay your respects, gaze into the depths of the lagoon and witness the “Black Tears of the Arizona,” droplets of oil that still float up from the wreckage.
Exactly a year after the attack, the submarine USS Bowfin was launched to join the fight. Known as the "Pearl Harbor Avenger," this historic vessel is open for you to explore. Walk through narrow passages and get an idea of the way men lived and worked in this cramped atmosphere.
Another giant of Pearl Harbor is the Battleship Missouri. This is the ship that became the scene for the signing of the surrender papers that ended World War II. Make sure you catch a glimpse of the big dent that a kamikaze strike left on the hull of the ship.
Just near the Missouri is the USS Oklahoma Memorial. This memorial honors the 429 men who died on board the Oklahoma when she capsized.
Most of the attention at Pearl Harbor is focused on the ships, but the truth is, some of the most crucial fighting happened high in the air. On Ford Island, in addition to the Battleship Missouri and the USS Oklahoma Memorial, your Pearl Harbor tour visits the Pacific Aviation Museum. With two hangars full of military aircraft, flight simulators, and fascinating exhibits, it’s a major attraction for history and aviation enthusiasts. This museum won’t let you forget where you are. Even today, the glass windows in the hangars are marked with bullet holes, reminding us of what happened in this very spot so many years ago.
After visiting all the memorials and exhibits, relax in your air-conditioned vehicle on the way back to your hotel. The tour takes a small detour to take you through Punchbowl National Cemetery. This military cemetery is located in the ancient crater of an extinct volcano. Pay respects to the thousands of Americans killed or missing in action.
As your last station on this full day, we take you a little further back in history, as we pass through historic downtown Honolulu. See the Hawaii State Capitol Building and ‘Iolani Palace, the ceremonial residence of the Hawaiian royal family until 1893. Near the palace, King Kamehameha I stands 18 feet tall in bronze. He was a legendary ruler who united all the Hawaiian Islands into one beautiful kingdom in the early nineteenth century.
The Pearl Harbor Memorial Tour Includes:
- Live historical narration by expert guide on drive to Pearl Harbor
- Watch a film with dramatic footage of the actual attack
- Board Navy shuttle to the Arizona Memorial
- Tour inside the USS Bowfin Submarine
- See the U.S. Pacific Fleet Headquarters building
- Visit the Arizona Memorial WWII museum
- See the “Black Tears of the Arizona”
- Experience the “Mighty Mo” – USS Missouri Battleship
- Stand on the Surrender Deck of the Battleship Missouri where WWII ended
- Visit the Pacific Aviation Museum with an expert historical guide
- Visit Hangers on Luke Airfield that were attacked by the Japanese
- Learn about Hawaii’s history and culture
- Visit the Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific (drive through)
- See Iolani Palace and Hawaii State Capitol Building
- Stop at the King Kamehameha Statue